Life treats me well.
I know how to knit, sew, crochet, cross-stitch, and quilt - and I LOVE it all!
All I need is to share my craftastic moments with you, so please join me in the adventures of my busy hands...

Friday, June 15, 2012

A craftless day with other events

So...yesterday I didn't work on ANY of my projects, which is really unusual!
Instead, I went to see my oldest friend, Line, whom I've known since kindergarten - for various reasons, we haven't seen each other for a couple of years and I decided that it was about time. So, rather than stitching or knitting away (she's not into crafts at all...), we spent the entire day chatting, drinking tea, and reminiscing. Which was absolutely wonderful, too.
We're both out of work and almost out of our minds about it, so it did us a lot of good, really, getting a chance to vent with someone who's known the other one for most of her life...

This afternoon, my home will be invaded by my lovely daughters - Emilie (9), Caroline (6), and Anne-Sofie (4). Their father and I have recently separated, and everything is still on an experimental level, but so far, it seems to work out well. Reactions may come at a later point, but I'll deal with that if or when it happens. They spend 7 days at a time with each of us, but always together the three of them. I believe that even if the parents can't manage their lives, siblings should stay together if at all possible.

THIS means, however, that I may have reacted hastily when signing up for the IHSW that starts today, as I don't know how much time I'll have. On the other hand, ten x-stitches is better than nothing, I guess ;-)...

Happy crafting to all of you, and to those of you who're IHSWing: happy hermiting! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment