Life treats me well.
I know how to knit, sew, crochet, cross-stitch, and quilt - and I LOVE it all!
All I need is to share my craftastic moments with you, so please join me in the adventures of my busy hands...

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Current projects...

Well, this is it - the projects keeping me busy at the moment! Some of them I haven't worked on in a while, like the x-stitch puppy dog picture, but now I've signed up for an International Hermit & Stitch Weekend, comitting myself to working on this particular project as much as possible this coming weekend. The event - or whatever you'd like to call it - takes place the third weekend of every month, and everyone is welcome to sign up.
Please use the IHSW link on the top left to read more and/or to sign up.


And NOW...down to business:


 ******************************************************************





A knitting project! I haven't been knitting all that long, only about 2-3 years, and I still find it somewhat challenging, sticking to "easy" patterns.

This one is probably as easy as they come, yet still marvellous-looking...






 *********************************************'

 

Yes, one more!
This is a bit more challenging, not the least because the yarn is quite thin and it takes me FOREVER...

This is one of the projects that I love a lot and I can't wait to eventually wear it, but I very often put it aside to work on something else...
************************************************



A crocheted granny squares throw.
I decided to make squares of four different sizes to make the throw seem a bit more...vibrant, maybe, than typically.

I love the colours, especially with the consistent white edges, and I'm excited about the progress. So far, I need about 40 small squares and then I still have to assemble it - a first-time thing for me...!

I'll keep you updated...






*********'****'******************


This is a x-stitch project that I've dreamed about for years!
My grandmother on my mother's side designed 14 small napkins with local sayings, and they've become something of an heirloom in the family.

My grandmother was a very keen and productive stitcher, but she wasn't all that orderly - leaving designs crooked and words misspelled - LOL. I, on the other hand, have a touch of ocd when it comes to such things, so I slightly redesigned most of the napkins...


************************************************




This is a x-stitch stocking for my younger sister, and I'm ashamed to say that it's been YEARS on the way...!

Posting it here sort of commits me to eventually finish it... I hope!





*****************************************************'

And finally...!

This is my IHSW project for the upcoming weekend - a puppy dog picture for my second daughter (of three).
She's 6 years old an basically in love with ALL dogs...

No comments:

Post a Comment